- Usage of the LMS constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- By using the LMS, you represent that you:
- Are an adult
- Have read and understand these terms
- Will only use the LMS in compliance with applicable laws where you are located
- Will be responsible for any user authorized by you to act in accordance with these terms
- If you are a teacher, you represent that:
- You agree to these terms as a representative of your organization
- You provide consent to these terms on behalf of your student users
- You are a school official as defined by FERPA
- GIENC and the LMS comply with applicable law, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and by using the LMS, you agree to also abide by COPPA and FERPA. We rely on consent from educator users as the basis for collecting student information to be used by the LMS. By providing email addresses for minors under the age of 13, you are providing consent to the collection of their personal information.
GIENC Materials and Intellectual Property
- GIENC owns all exclusive rights to the intellectual property on the site. Users may not claim ownership of the product.
- All content on GIENC should be available at no cost to users.
- The user may not resell the product at any cost. This includes individual lessons within the product.
- The content on the site may be used by teachers and educational institutions, but it should maintain all GIENC branding and logos.
- Users may not use GIENC content for financial gain.
- Both GIENC and the user must cite all copyrighted materials used within the product appropriately before use.
- By using the LMS, you may provide or create contents and any other materials, information, ideas, concepts, and know-how.
- GIENC will not compensate you for materials you create in the LMS
- GIENC does not control the user-generated content hosted in the LMS, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content.
- Users shall retain all rights, including intellectual property rights, for user-generated content that they create with their LMS account.
- If user-generated content includes licensed or proprietary content from other sources, it must be properly cited and the user is responsible for obtaining permission from the owner.
- All user-generated content should be appropriate for student users. The following are prohibited:
- Harmful misinformation
- Hate speech
- Harmful or dangerous content
- Violent or graphic content
- Nudity and sexual content
- Any content that violates federal, state, or local law
- Any other content that GIENC deems inappropriate
- Any user-generated content that violates these policies will be immediately removed from the site and the user account responsible will be terminated.
User and Student Privacy
- GIENC does not collect any personal information from users unless they volunteer the information by:
- Registering for a course
- Creating an account on the site
- Requesting information about the site or the courses available
- Personal information collected by the site includes things such as name, email address, occupation, employment information, courses for which you are registered, and courses which you have attended and received CEU credit for
- GIENC will not release any personal information to outside parties without the express consent of the user
- Personal information may be used within our organization to improve products
- You represent and warrant that you have the proper authority to designate and, as a result of engaging with the LMS do hereby designate GIENC a “school official” within the meaning of FERPA. GIENC will be under your direction with respect to the use and maintenance of personally identifiable information and education records, as those terms are defined by FERPA, and we may use personally identifiable information and education records only as set forth under these Terms.
- We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user’s activity inside of the LMS using non-personally identifiable information.
- We will not advertise or market to students who use the LMS, nor will any student information collected by GIENC be shared with third parties for advertising and marketing purposes.
Termination and Suspension of Services.
We may suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the LMS with or without notice and for any reason.